I specialize in comprehensive surgical care of patients with primary and metastatic brain and spine tumors. Using sophisticated brain mapping techniques during surgery, I identify vital areas that control language, movement and memory, providing safe surgical corridors.
With colleagues at the UNM Cancer Center I have established a modern, multidisciplinary and comprehensive neuro-oncology program, bringing cutting-edge treatments and clinical trials to New Mexico.
I serve as the director of Neurosurgical Oncology, Multidisciplinary Neuro-Oncology Tumor Board and co-leader of Multidisciplinary Neuro-Oncology Program at the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- View All
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons Member 2015 -
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Member 2015 -
- Society for Neuro-Oncology Full member 2015 -
- Tumor Section of AANS/CNS Member 2015 -
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Member 2014 -
- Cerebrovascular Section of AANS/CNS Member 2011 -
- American Society for Investigative Pathology Member 2005 - 2007
- Federation of American Society for Experimental Biology Member 2005 - 2007
- Society for Neuroscience Member 2005 - 2007
- Piccirillo, Sara G.M. Assistant Professor